Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2016 cruze Lt window problem

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2022, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 cruze Lt window problem

2016 chevy cruze Lt. Window regulator broke on drivers side.. I replaced it with the same exspress up and express down .. programmed it and works fine up and down with exspress.. but now even though I didn't touch the door lock mechanism it sys door is open.. but if I open then close passenger door it says it closed.. or rolling window up or down makes door show its open.. so to be able to make interior lights go off I have to shut door then go open then close passenger door.. everything worked perfect befor the regulator install and didn't touch the harness except unplug and plug back inn.. checked all wires 5 times nothing pinched or touching window.. and display always shows roll window down then up constantly constantly u roll it up or down .. any suggestions?
Old April 30th, 2022, 10:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 265mercman
2016 chevy cruze Lt. Window regulator broke on drivers side.. I replaced it with the same exspress up and express down .. programmed it and works fine up and down with exspress.. but now even though I didn't touch the door lock mechanism it sys door is open.. but if I open then close passenger door it says it closed.. or rolling window up or down makes door show its open.. so to be able to make interior lights go off I have to shut door then go open then close passenger door.. everything worked perfect befor the regulator install and didn't touch the harness except unplug and plug back inn.. checked all wires 5 times nothing pinched or touching window.. and display always shows roll window down then up constantly constantly u roll it up or down .. any suggestions?
If you can get your hands on an OBD II unit wth body sensor codes, it might help. Other than that, disconnect the battery, and see if that helps
Old May 1st, 2022, 9:30 AM
CF Beginner

Yea I resent the battery left it unplugged.. left it unplugged for about 20-30 mins then had to reset the window again for express up and down and reset tps but still doing same thing
Old May 2nd, 2022, 2:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea I resent the battery left it unplugged.. left it unplugged for about 20-30 mins then had to reset the window again for express up and down and reset tps but still doing same thing
I am sorry that did not work. Its a last resort measure anyhow. My guess is a defective part or sensor. I'm not really a body and paint man, so if the same thing occurred in my 2015 Malibu I'd see what my expensive Innova OBD II code-reader had to say about it. I think you need someone with the same advanced OBD II code sensor to figure out what's going on.with your Chevy.
Old May 16th, 2022, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Did you get the right motor? I know there are two different plugs for the regulator. Maybe even though the plugs are the same the computer for those motors send different codes to the bcm on the CAN bus?
Old April 25th, 2024, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Were you ever able to resolve this? Im currently having the same issue.