Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 28th, 2015, 3:19 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Tahoe HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT?

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2007, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT?

How in the heck do you get the headlight housing out to replace the bulb? I got the two top screws out and managed to wiggle most of the housing loose but the one bottomcorner, towards the wheel-well, seems to not want to come out. How do you shake that part loose?
Old October 15th, 2007, 3:31 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT?

When I changed my lights out I had to pulloff the wheel well lining so I couldget to another screw that was holding in the bottom of the headlight. This gave me a couple extra inches so I could get behind the headlight housing and change out the bulbs.

However,a couple of other guys said they didnt have to do that but they could wiggle there headlight out just enough to change out the bulbs.

Either way I don't think you can pull the whole headlight housing out in order to easily change out the bulbs.
Old October 15th, 2007, 4:15 PM
CF Active Member

I just wiggled the headlight out far enough to get my hands in there to replace the headlights. There are two snaps on the side of it which where a pain to get unsnapped, but it can be done without removing the screw fromt he wheel well.
Old November 19th, 2007, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

I just did the HID upgrade and was able to get my hands into position without having to remove the fender liner.
Old November 20th, 2007, 12:04 AM
CF Active Member

did you end up scratching hte bulbs when trying to position? I went the full 9-yards and still bumped and surely scratched the bulb
Old November 22nd, 2007, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Why are u guys doing it the hard way. I didnt remove no wheel fender or anything to replace the headlights with HID's. Pop the hood and locate the rubber piece that is behind the headlight. Remove the plastic screw that holds it in place and you can easily just bend down the rubber piece to gain access to the bulbs. The driver side is a little tighter to get into because it sits next to the windshield washer fluid container.The passenger is a lot easier but you do have to remove the air box which is very easy. I took me 20 minutes to install my HID's..
Old November 23rd, 2007, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Fernandito7 is right i did the same thing its a very easy task dont need to move anything .
Old September 7th, 2009, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Headlight lamp replacement

Open hood, there you will find two L shaped pins inserted through the top, back of the headlight housing. turn them out of the retainer, pull them up and out. The entire headlight casing can now be removed. Anytime you think the mfgr could have made something easy, they probably did.
Old September 7th, 2009, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default Headlight lamp replacement

Open hood, find the two L shaped pins, turn them 90 degrees out of the retainer and pull them up & out. The entire headlight casing can now be removed.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 9:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by jimelectric
Open hood, find the two L shaped pins, turn them 90 degrees out of the retainer and pull them up & out. The entire headlight casing can now be removed.
He asked about the 07 (GMT900). You're describing 06 and earlier (GMT800).

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe HEADLIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT?