Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:21 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Heated Seats Problem

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2007, 6:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats Problem

I have an 03 Tahoe with heated seats. Yesterday my wife informed me that the driver's side quit working. Passenger side works just fine. What happens: when the button is pushed the lights come on momentarily and then there's a clicking noise under the seat and then everything shuts off. I've done a few searches and found other people with the same problem. No one seems to have an answer. The only answer I did see was that the heating element might be shutting it off. Wouldn't that mean it would have to get hot? My seat is on that long. I would appreciate any comments from someone who has had this problem or a tech person reading this.

Thanks!

Opie
Old October 23rd, 2007, 8:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heated Seats Problem

Are you sure that the clicking is coming from under the seat? There is a circuit breaker for the seat located under the driver's side of the instrument panel.

After "everything shuts off", does it stay dead for a while and then power up again like with a circuit breaker throwing and then resetting?
Old October 23rd, 2007, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

I have stuck my head down in that area and it seams that it's coming from that area. If it were a circuit breaker, wouldn't it trip once and not come back on again til reset? You can keep pushing the door button and the lights keep coming on but the don't stay on. Would it be as simple as the circuit breaker? What do I do if it is that?
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:12 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some circuit breakers will reset on their own after a period of time. If you can immediately get the indicator lights to light up again, then it's probably notthe circuit breaker. You will need to get someone with a meter to diagnose your problem. It could be a bad switch or the heating element in the seat or a short somewhere.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
CF Beginner

I will have to look at it. Probably just end up taking it in. Just don't want to pay a lot. I'm kind of cheap, actually really stingy!
Old October 23rd, 2007, 3:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This condition can normally be resolved by having the Driver Seat Module reprogrammed with an updated software calibration that was released in June of 2005.
Old February 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

I am Having the same problem with my truck, the heated seats when turned on shut off and there is a clicking noise under the seat also. did you end up getting your fixed? if you did what was the problem?
thx
Old February 1st, 2008, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

My mom had an '04 Tahoe that did that. All I know was that she finally took it to the dealer and it was resolved.
Old January 13th, 2010, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 03 Tahoe same seat issues, first the up/down were now in reverse, driver heated seat no longer stays on, passenger does. Passenger window now not working. Does anyone have any ideas? As I am also trying to avoid the dealer.
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

I would like to know if anybody got this issue fixed and what the fix was please.