Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2000 Venture Power Locks

Old February 19th, 2008, 10:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Venture Power Locks

The power lock switches on the front doors doesn't unlock the locks. The switches will lock the locks and the Key will lock and unlock all locks. Ive taken the switch and door pannel off and checked the wirring. There are three wires going to the switch one light blue with power one black (I'm assuming thats the ground) When I jump the blue and black wires the doors lock. There is also a white wire but when I jump it nothing happens. I'm assuming that this wire should have power and when the cirrcut is closed the doors would lock. Is this assumtion correct and if so where should the power be comming from.

I've isolated this white wire and tapped into the unlock wire from the key lock and wired it into the switch. with the switch jerry rigged like this the doors unlock but you have to hold the switch down for a while and the dome light comes on if ignition is not on (just like when you use the key to open all door locks)

I'd like to get this fixed correctly.
Old February 20th, 2008, 7:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2000 Venture Power Locks

Look under the passenger door sill and look at the wire loom. There is a splice in the loom for the door locks alot of times it will be wet and corroded.
The following users liked this post:
Photon440 (April 24th, 2020)
Old February 25th, 2008, 8:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Splice was the problem

That is what it was. The splice was so badly coroded that the wires wern't even touching. The tape was all but disintegrated and what ever had been holding the wires together was a tinny green powdery glob. I reconnected the three wires with a twist connector and sealed them. The windows work like they are suposed to now.

Thank you verry much for the help I doubt that I would have ever found that splice with out it.

Old September 9th, 2009, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

omg. I had the same problem and found the wiring under passenger door sill horrible (2004 Venture). Big pile of muck and everything was really wet. I took all the tape off the wiring and spread the wires out and found a couple of splices in terrible shape and one was completed corroded and apart. I spliced averything back together and the door lock switches work again. Thanks. I must say though the wiring is way sub-standard. They used different colored wire to splice the wires. For example, they used a short piece of purple wire to splice together white wires. This in my opinion is below code.
Old December 12th, 2009, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

hey guys having same problem and also have a broken wire. May i ask was it two wires that spliced over to one? i see two broken wires on one end and one on the other. when i wire all three together the driver door lock works again.... passenger one still only locks
Old January 4th, 2010, 6:03 AM
CF Beginner

It's been awhile but if you search harder you'll find another splice (butt connector) that might look good but if you pull on it it'll probably come apart. I do believe it was 2 wires spliced to 1. Clean everything up and look a little harder is all I can suggest. Good luck.
Old May 4th, 2010, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

I must say that you guys helped alot with this thread. I found wet/ broken wires right where you said to look. It got my air compressor and rear vent windows working. I cannot find any other broken or spliced wires. Do you know what color the wires would be for the power locks and power sliding door?
Old May 5th, 2010, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

It's been a long time and no I can't remember any wire colors. Sorry. Perhaps there is a similar problem under the drivers side door sile as well.
Old February 10th, 2020, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Splice under sill

Mud, water, a carpet built of sponge, poor connections, what was Chev thinking? Long story short, power locks were my problem, there it was 2 whites spliced to one, and 2 blues spliced to one. Made a better splice and everything works beautifully. Cleaned the mud out, left exposed for a day, everything dried up, retaped the pile - good for another 100,000. Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
Photon440 (April 24th, 2020)
Old July 14th, 2020, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same trouble with mine, but when I pull the carpet, everything is pristine. Looks like the day it was made. THat was the drivers side. Is there another harness on the passenger side?