S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Breaker box on an 83 blazer?

Old February 21st, 2008, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaker box on an 83 blazer?

I've stumbled across this twice now as I've been doing my insane mad research on my blinker issue.

A couple of people stated your problem could lie in a breaker box which is usually under the hood.

Is this true? Is it like a house breaker I just flip the switch to?
If it is true, where could it be at under the hood?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 9:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Breaker box on an 83 blazer?

I don't know what kind of problem your having? The flasher should be located to the left of the steering-wheel under the dash.

If your talking about a,( power distribution center) under the hood. I don't think you have one.

Have you looked at a wiring diagram? I believe (autozone.com) has some diagrams. Click on the (vehicle repair guides) follow the links.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Really?
Thanks I'll go try that now.

But for future references, heres my problem again.

My blinker bulbs only come on when I turn my head lights on or hit my brakes. They don't blink though - ever. But I think they're dual fillament bulbs. So that's just one fillament light coming on - which I assume isn't the blinker fillament. So they come on when I break but when I turn my blinker on, the signal light on that side will go out all together.

My reverse lights don't work either and I heard they share a fuse with signal lights... No fuses are blown if the blinker fuse shares a fuse with the reverse lights under the steering column.

Last but not least I have replaced all the bulbs correctly and the flashers (not that the flashers didn't work, it was just an attempt).

Thanks again though.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Is the head light switch part of the turn signals switch. If so it could be the switch. Use a ohm or DVOM to check the switch. If you find a open in the switch or a short try a junk yard and buy the part cheep and if it fixes it thats great, if it still does not then you did not spend to much money to keep searching for the problem. Okay about the reverse lights if the fuse is not blown it is a better sign that it did not short before the ground that could cause a lot of damage so it could have a open or short after the load. Look near the lights for a chaffted wire.