Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Duramax exhaust filter?

Old April 20th, 2008, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duramax exhaust filter?

Message came up on display to clean exhaust filter. I know that the knew powerstrokes go throught a automatic regeneration process. what about the duramax?
Old April 20th, 2008, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Duramax exhaust filter?

i have done some research and found out that the duramax is suppose to do the same thing
Old April 22nd, 2008, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

All heavy truck built after 07 have the regeneration, U were talking about, active, an inactive, active whille ur going down the road it squirts extra diesel in the cat, n burns it, I think the passsive cleaning is while at idle parked, not sure how the new duramax works, But On the new truck stuff, Say Volvo U have to have a 20000 dollar machine to put the diesel cat on to have it cleaned...Kinda blows, replacment cost of the new cats is from 5000 to 10000, This is the heavy duty side of deisels not really sure on the light duty stuff, I learned about the new cats right from volvo heavy trucks seminar, on emissions...BUt yeah regeneration happens while driving or idling
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

I just started making my own biodiesel and the first day I put it in my tank, about a quarter tank later, my check engine light came on. So i called onstar to find out why, and they said it had something to do with my exhaust. So whenI got home I shut my truck off and let it sit. WhenI turned the ignition on it said "clean exhaust filter now" I have about 11,000 miles on my 07 duramax. And I know for a fact it does make the engine run hotter to self clean the filter. I looked into getting aftermarket exhaust and performance computer for my truck. The placeI contacted to order the stuff was very helpful. They told me that there are only a couple aftermarket computer manufacturers that program their computers to overide that self cleaning system so you can replace the entire exhaust, not just from the filter back.