Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 5:13 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 4WD Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 4WD Leveling Kit

I just purchased a 2008 standard cab short bed Silverado. I am looking for a leveling kit for the front end. What is the best one out there and or what is the best one for the money? And if anyone has any suggestions on this can you give me the part numbers also. Thanks in advance.
Old October 7th, 2008, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2008 4WD Leveling Kit

Well I just got through getting a local gm dealer to put a leveling kit on my 2008 4x4. I purchased the leveling kit from TopGun Customz. When I was researching all the leveling kits I noticed that many of the leveling kits would run around $130 and you would have to alter the stock strut. Also many of the kits are 2in. The one that I purchased (not for sure what the part number is) is a 2 1/2" leveling kit and it was only $90 with shipping. This kit provides a 2in spacer for the bottom of the strut and then a 1/2" spacer for the top. You can see it on their website www.topguncustomz.com. I can get you some pictures of my truck with the leveling kit installed, but may take me a couple days. I have only had mine on for 3 days and haven't had the chance to take pictures but I will soon.
Old October 7th, 2008, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

I am interested in a level kit for my 07 z71 crew. Looks like a nose dive right now. I am surprised that your dealership installed the level kit. My dealership looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked them about either purchasing or if they would install one. They seemed to be anti aftermarket anything.

Should I try other dealerships? Is this normal or is my dealership out to touch?
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

Roscoe: please send me some pics of your truck to: brocker28@comcast.net

Thanks in advance for the pics and the info
Old October 10th, 2008, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Kmatassa,

I am not real for sure if it is normal that dealerships will not put aftermarket parts on. When I called my dealership they were not for sure if they could do it but they told me to come in anyway. I guess they did it so they could say they have done it, not real for sure. You may just want to try another dealership, the dealership that I got the work done at was not even the one i bought the truck at. You may also want to try a place that replaces shocks on trucks etc. (local tire store, Discount Tire, or something along those lines). Hope this helps you out
Old November 9th, 2008, 5:47 PM
CF Beginner

To all who has put a leveling kit on. I saw a reg cab 4x4 the other day with 315 bfg's on it and looked sharp. Im going to put the kit on my rig this week, but from looking at the guys truck with the tires on it, he prolly never leaves the pavement. So, my question is, to the guys who have done this, what tires are yall putting on and are they rubbing, etc...?
Old November 10th, 2008, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

I put the rough country leveling kit on my 2008 NBS silverado crew cab ltz 4x4 and I am trying to find out how big I can go without rubbing. It definetly looks great. I will post some pics later. It was easy to install. It took me and my dad 2 hours total. The directions are right on. It cost 69.99 not to bad.
Old November 10th, 2008, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

just talked to my buddy who is a farmer, and he put the topguncustomx.com 2.5in and is running 315 bfg all terrain's. says he has a little rub when turned all in or out, but cut part of the inner finder out and has no prob now! i do think thats what will go on my rig!
Old November 16th, 2008, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

I raised my front end by crankingthe torsion bars up and it is fine. I had also done this on my '03 2500HD
Old November 19th, 2008, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

i ordered a topguncustomz.com 2.5 inch leveling kit for my '08 truck. had it shipped to my shop i use, and mechanic just called me and said it would be $275 to put it on because they would have to drop the whole suspension on the truck. Anybody else have this issue with a level kit?

Quick Reply: 2008 4WD Leveling Kit