Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

accelerator pedal position sensor calibration?

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accelerator pedal position sensor calibration?

'03 tahoe 4.8 v8 auto 2wd..I"m about to put my tahoe in the hand sof a dealer to replace the accelerator pedal position sensor, but i can easily do it myself but I was told by a people that you have to get it sync'd with the thottle body. is there any truth to that, or can I just swap it out and be okay? thaks fellas
Old June 17th, 2009, 3:54 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

The only thing needed to be done by the dealer, is to just verify that the new unit is working properly through the use of a Tech2. But if it works fine when you're done, then no need to double check it.

Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Replacement
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=803484&deliveryEffectiveDate= Jun+1%2C+2009&pubCellSyskey=30299&pubObjSyskey=803 484&from=sm&cellId=30299#ss1-803484">Removal Procedure

Notice: Handle the electronic throttle control components carefully. Use cleanliness in order to prevent damage. Do not drop the electronic throttle control components. Do not roughly handle the electronic throttle control components. Do not immerse the electronic throttle control components in cleaning solvents of any type.

1. <LI type=1>Remove the connector position assurance (CPA) retainer. <LI type=1>Disconnect the accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor electrical connector. <LI type=1>Reposition the carpet to access the lower nut.

<LI type=1>Remove the accelerator pedal nuts.
  2. Remove the accelerator pedal assembly.
Installation Procedure
  1. [*]
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, thank you sir. The dealer said it didn't need to be changed but that the throttle body was dirty and that a cleaning would fix it. They also said the computer need to be recalibrated to clear the "false" codes? Does that make any sense, why would the truck send the codes and have the symptoms of a tps sensor but be caused by a bad cpu calibration? But at least after your help I'll be able to replace the APP sensor if needed.
Old June 18th, 2009, 7:52 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

just d\c the battery for a minute to clear any codes that may have set