Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2005, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Has any other Uplander owner had the power sliding doors not close or open after closing. I have called Chevy and opened a file. I've had the Uplander in for service 4 times for the same problem and they cannot find the source of the problem. </P>
Old May 23rd, 2005, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by skinner808

Has any other Uplander owner had the power sliding doors not close or open after closing. I have called Chevy and opened a file. I've had the Uplander in for service 4 times for the same problem and they cannot find the source of the problem. </P>

</P>

No problem with the doors....yet. Just the brakes.</P>
Old June 30th, 2005, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

The only time i have had problems with the sliding doors is when the doors are locked then the automatic door buttons are disabled. other than that i have had no problems. with the uplander(other than trying to find places to go so that i can drive it more)
Old July 5th, 2005, 3:00 PM
Administrator

what kind of brake problems butch?
Old July 5th, 2005, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Patrick
what kind of brake problems butch?
</P>

<FONT color=#0000cc>I had 6,500 miles on my Uplander and the brakes felt like they were grabing, so I took it to my dealer and when I picked it up I found that they turned down ALL 4 ROTERS due to warping and I was very up set. I told the service writer that all the milage was highway miles and he said (and I can't believe he said this) "Well that's your problem, while your driving on the highway your brakes heat up and then when you get off on the exit ramp and hit your brakes thats what warped the roters". I told him that he didn't know what he was talking about, and then he said that their orders from GM are If a customer complains about their brakes grabing to turn them down. I called GM and opened up a file on the van and now I have a File number to refer to. If you need to open a file on you Uplander call 1.866.952.4368 and give them your report and they will give you a file number.</FONT> </P>

</P>
Old July 24th, 2006, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

I'm having the problem that when I close the door on the passenger side with either the buttons or the remote if we go over a bump, the door adjar signal turns on and starts beeping. I can't tell if its a sensor problem or if the door really isn't latching properly and is jarring loose just enough to turn on the sensor. (The door looks closed and latched securely when the problem is happening). Any thoughts?
[8D]

JG
Old August 12th, 2006, 5:15 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem! Today I had to drive for 10 minutes with the alarm sounding. I thought I would lose my mind. When we stoped to try and open and close the door we could not get it to close, finally after about 10 tries it finally closed. The dealer tried a few things but nothing has worked so far. They ordered a new locking mechanism. I hope that works!
Old September 6th, 2006, 9:55 PM
CF Beginner

I have the '05 uplander lt awd. We have experienced the same door issues as well as other quality issues. It has been in the shop for doors 5 times including today. Trip four gm instructed the dealer to replace contactors in the doors. Issue still not resolved.
Beginning to think this is an american piece of junk.
Old September 26th, 2006, 2:16 AM
CF Beginner

I have that exact same problem!! It started in July 2006 when I opened the door to take out my son and then it wouldnt shut. Then the dinging started. We also have a constnant grinding noise coming from that side of the car. I have taken my Uplander in, I think, 5 times. Tomarrow is the 6th to fix the problem. They started with the locking mechanism, not fixed. Then the fuse, not fixed. Then the motor, not fixed. Oh, and my husband unplugged it cause I couldnt drive it 30 minutes to the dealer with that dinging in my ear. They claim he pulled the wires in the motor out when he did that, so not true. I am so frustrated. Did any of your problems get fixed????
Old January 22nd, 2007, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem!!!

I have sent GM a last chance letter to fix the vehicle, if they fail they I will be contacting an attorney and filing the lemon law suit.

Quick Reply: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors