Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Looking to make my 03 Impala LS faster

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2010, 1:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to make my 03 Impala LS faster

I put a K&N filter on it which sounds very nice compared to the stock. What can I do to this 3800 that wont cause problems with the tranny or exhaust. I have thought about putting a dual exhaust system on it. I have heard that you can do a lot of mods to these engines. I have a feeling I would be best off with just the air intake and a dual exhaust. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old February 16th, 2010, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Hey i got a 05 LS (which has the 3800 series II) and i researched quite a bit n so far i have a k&n CAI and a flowmaster original 40 series single in dual out. I still havent received them yet but from what i heard it will sound pretty mean. The only thing i didnt do was delete the resonator and the u-bend. The u-bend doesnt make much difference but the resonator makes it sound a lil louder i dont think im gonna do it because i've heard they sound worse.
Old February 16th, 2010, 5:24 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exhaust and CAI will not make much difference. If you want to feel a difference a super charger is the way to go.
Old February 16th, 2010, 9:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

resonators dont make it louder. it actually makes it quieter. i had one on my truck last year with my 40 series muffler instead of buying like a 50 series muffler to make it quieter. i was stupid and listened to my sisters bf saying my exhaust was too loud with only a 40series. it made it quieter in the cab i finally said f**k it and put on a 10 series muffler.
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
CF Veteran

I'm with MDTAHOE, find a supercharger and put the low restriction exhaust and K&N on too 'cause you're gonna need 'em then!
Old February 17th, 2010, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Well yea if money wasnt an option then id go with the supercharger as well and some headers new piping new spark plugs and wires. I dont think i said resonators make it louder? I said deleting the u-bend and the resonators make it sound louder.
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Impala Super Moderator

The U-Bend needs to be fixed. Straight pipe it. If you need help further modding PM me.