Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need Help Identifying Parts.

Old February 18th, 2010, 1:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Identifying Parts.

I have a plug next to the A/C compressor that I can't figure out what or where it goes to.

I have a white clip of some sorts dangling in the air next to the throttle body

I have a rubber tube that has nothing connected to it.

And I have a speaker wire that looks spliced into a ground wire? Shouldn't it be a solid piece of copper wire?

All issues are in the pics below with Red Arrows. Can you please help me?

Also, is there a vacuum line diagram anywhere? Trying to check the vacuum lines to make sure I don't have a leak.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-035.jpg   Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-036.jpg   Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-038.jpg   Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-039.jpg  
Old February 18th, 2010, 2:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the speaker wire thing.. i'd follow it to see where it goes.. no idea about the rest. inless u might have to look real good
Old February 18th, 2010, 3:20 PM
CF Active Member

The speaker wire is electrical taped to another wire that is mounted to the body.
Old February 18th, 2010, 3:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ok. 1st, the plug on the a/c unit, it's a bit hard to see where it goes. look on the back of the pump, towards drivers side. kinda buried, hidden by the wire harness and lines, but it's there. 2nd, the white clip is a retainer clip, looks like the one for the main injector wire harness. if you have the air intake taken off top of motor, you can see the throttle body, the part the throttle and cruise control cables go to. behind that is a black rectangular box, with two metal lines just to the drivers side. that box is the main injector harness. on the backside of that harness is where that white clip should go. i'm fairly sure of this. 3rd, the vacuum line, or lack of one. you should have a solid, molded plastic vacuum line running from that part, across engine (just behind throttle body), over to the evap canister. canister is on drivers side, almost right next to radiator, mounted on the inner fender well. you should be able to see an empty port on it. that's where the vacuum line should go.
Old February 18th, 2010, 5:55 PM
CF Active Member

Well, I traced the vacuum line and it goes from the canister on the right hand side up by the radiator, and back around the throttle body to the small round part on the left hand side just like you said, but it's plugged into a different spot. There are NO empty spots on the canister on the driver's side.

I took pics to help explain what I'm looking at. The red arrows are the hard plastic line.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-041.jpg   Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-042.jpg   Need Help Identifying Parts.-suburban-043.jpg  
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, i see. i was using my '98 vortec as reference, but it seems your 96 is just a touch different. i'll see what i can come up with.
Old February 19th, 2010, 3:39 PM
CF Active Member

Yes, I looked at my neighbor's 98, and it is slightly different. Need to find someone locally with a '96 that I can take pictures of for reference.