Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'07 Tahoe oil pressure sensor help!

Old March 2nd, 2010, 9:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question '07 Tahoe oil pressure sensor help!

I have to replace my sister's oil pressure sensor on her 2007 Tahoe. Purchased a new one but not sure which sensor is the correct one. Help please! Still can't find the right one on my 2007 Avalanche!(unbelievable-bad sensors on both trucks in 2 days! PLEASE does anyone know which sensor is the oil pressure one? Thanks! Indyrob
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indyrob
I have to replace my sister's oil pressure sensor on her 2007 Tahoe. Purchased a new one but not sure which sensor is the correct one. Help please! Still can't find the right one on my 2007 Avalanche!(unbelievable-bad sensors on both trucks in 2 days! PLEASE does anyone know which sensor is the oil pressure one? Thanks! Indyrob
The oil pressure sensor is underneath the intake manifold at the right rear and requires a special tool for R/R. Service procedure indicates removal of the intake manifold for R/R. There is also an oil level sensor in the oil pan.

There is also TSB 07-06-01-004A for Engine - Low Oil Lamp ON/Oil Leaks.

Condition
Some customers may comment on a low oil level indicator lamp on and/or engine oil leak. Upon further investigation, the technician may find that the oil leak is at the oil pressure sensor that is threaded into the valve lifter oil manifold (VLOM) assembly and/or engine valley cover.
Correction
If the engine oil leak was found to be at the engine oil pressure sensor, then remove the oil pressure sensor and reseal with a pipe sealant with Teflon or equivalent, P/N 12346004 (in Canada, P/N 10953480). Refer to Engine Oil Pressure Sensor and/or Switch Replacement in SI.