Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My noise stays at roughly the same volume so I can turn my stereo up louder and it covers the sound. Is definately related to RPMs, and even stays the same when the stereo volume is sturned down all the way. Does stop if the stereo is turned off.

Also, if my truck is running and the stereo is off, but the chime for the seatlbelt or whatever rings. The whine comes through along with the chime even thought the stereo is off.

If I have any revelations I'll let you know. We'll get them figured out, just might take us a little time.

Last edited by Imposter71; January 8th, 2011 at 3:06 PM.
Old January 29th, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Mine is only coming from the frt passenger door speaker. How do I access that speaker? Can I just pop the grill off or do I have to remove the door panel?
Old April 7th, 2012, 7:16 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I have the exact same problem with 2005 2500LT suburban. Loud buzzing comes through front passenger speaker once you hit a bump. Buzz changes with RPM's. Very frustrating. Is there a way to check if this is a problem with the amp or grounding problem?
Old April 9th, 2012, 9:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Toddsp,

There may be a ground wire issue with the radio. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by your dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 2nd, 2012, 4:59 AM
CF Beginner

Angry Gmc radio noise nightmare

I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4 I, bought brand new and have been dealing with this RADIO NOISE NIGHTMARE for almost two years now. I have taken it in for service for the constant crackling, hissing, and whineing noises at least 8 times and still no help or solution yet. I paid over $40,000 dollars for the truck and can not believe I am being tolod that its normal and theres nothing that can be done. Its a shame GMC will lose hundreds if not thousands of customers for this bull****. I have another appt. with the dealer in the morning and want the entire system replaced and dont want the truck back until this is fixed for good. Its driving me and my wife nuts. We can not even listen to the radio, instead have to listen to ipods with ear phones.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 1:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by toolshedd89
I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4 I, bought brand new and have been dealing with this RADIO NOISE NIGHTMARE for almost two years now. I have taken it in for service for the constant crackling, hissing, and whineing noises at least 8 times and still no help or solution yet. I paid over $40,000 dollars for the truck and can not believe I am being tolod that its normal and theres nothing that can be done. Its a shame GMC will lose hundreds if not thousands of customers for this bull****. I have another appt. with the dealer in the morning and want the entire system replaced and dont want the truck back until this is fixed for good. Its driving me and my wife nuts. We can not even listen to the radio, instead have to listen to ipods with ear phones.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the radio in your vehicle. This issue may be caused by the trim, moldings or water deflectors in the area of the speaker. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 16th, 2012, 4:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have the identical problem in a 2003 Tahoe. Starts when I hit a bump usually. I can smack the dash to make it go away. Means it has nohting to do with the speaker itself . I will take the radio out to fine the loose component or connection this weekend and let you guys know what I find
Old November 19th, 2012, 7:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Keep us posted. Never did do anything about mine yet. Only live about 5 miles from work so I have been living with it but still want to fix it.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Don't know what causes it (faulty wiring shorting to ground or actual part gone bad) but the source has to be the audio module below your center console-I have a 2007 Suburban and the whining (mimics engine rpm) and it travels from RR speaker to LR speaker to front right speaker --even with the radio OFF--

sometimes using the turn signal kicks this pronlem on. Soooo - to prove it to your self find the fuse for this audio amplifier in your fuse ox and and remove it and -WALA- no more noise--

also no more sound from your stereo but interestingly enough also no turn blinker sound- this amplifier generates all sounds from your vehicle even door chimes .
so I believe it is a faulty amplifier module because how else would it ravel from speaker to speaker and sometimes two at the same time. occurs only with engine running and in drive -randomly- what a pain- Good luck if i had the money I would repplace the amp but I belive it costs an arm and a leg
Old April 3rd, 2013, 7:36 AM
CF Junior Member

You don't know what fuse that is do you? Mine is only front pass side that carries the sound. All other speakers are fine. Still haven't really spent any time on it but would like to fix it. Too many projects so this has been on the back burner............

Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???