Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Stabilitrak malfunction

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2010, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a 2009 Sierra. After taking it home and only having 150 miles on it i stared getting Park Assist Off and Staililbilty Off flash on Dash Screen. The truck would act up and accelaerate and brake on its own. Took it back to the dealership and found some error codes and same it was a module problem and had them cleared and everythinng was fine. when the tech was taking it back to the dealership from clearing the codes it happened to him again. turnes out there was a wire by the brake petal that was exposed and was touching ground causing the computer to throw out the codes and the truck to act up. hope this helps.
Old June 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2nd round of stabilitrack problems

A week after purchasing our brand new 09 Suburban LTZ the Stabilitrack/ traction control/abs systems failed, the speedometer was all over the place, and the vehicle could not accelerate over 30mph. I couldn't accelerate to get onto the hwy, so I had it towed to the nearest dealership. They drove it over 85 miles and said they couldn't duplicate the issue and cleared all error codes and reset the computer. I also took it back to the dealership I purchased it from and they couldn't find anything. They actually tried to say it was due to all the rain we had for a straight week. Seriously, are they suggesting I can't drive a large 4WD SUV in the rain? In FL it rains everyday in the summer! This was almost exactly a year ago and now I had the same issue today. My stabilitrak/traction control was disengaged and my air bag light also came on. The car wouldn't accelerate and the headlights kept on dimming. I returned to my driveway and turned it off and back on and didn't have the issue. I feel like I can't rely on this vehicle because this happens sporadically. We bought this truck to replace an older one so we would have a reliable family vehicle and now I am driving my 8 year old Passat while the burb sits in the garage until I can get it to the dealership. Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?<O</O
Old November 9th, 2010, 9:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gm has a problem they are not admitting to. I have an 07 Tahoe that is freaking out. Stabiltrak and traction control warnings, gauges not operating correctly, low engine power/brakes dragging, doorlocks cycleing up and down ALOT. and now, when it does all of this, you cant get the back hatch open and you have to manually unlock the doors. What a deal. Its everywhere on the net, people are having so much trouble with this. And apparently its dangerous as well. this system can LOCK the brakes while you are driving and cause an accident. GM needs to get a grip and admit they have a PROBLEM.....
Old November 10th, 2010, 6:18 AM
CF Junior Member

This is a problem of real concern. It seems to be happening on all truck like models of GM vehicles. From this thread, except for one damage wire near the brake pedal, there does not seem to be an answer as to why the Stability Track/ABS brake system is not functioning properly in some circumstances. Any mention of it happening on 2010 models?
Old May 4th, 2011, 9:27 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down 2005 Uplander Stabitrak Malfunction

My first 2005 Uplander had Stabilitrak and it would malfunction, set dozens of codes and slam on the brakes. One time was at 70 MPH on the interstate. My wife was lucky to get to the shoulder before it had stopped. Had a time at a camp ground. The vehicle would go 10 feet and then lock up the brakes over and over. Had two different dealers try to fix it over 5 different service visits. they worked with chevy engineers, replaced BCM, wiring, connectors and more with no luck. GM bought the vehicle back under the lemon law, I got an identical 2005 uplander minus the stabilitrack and received a check for $450.00 for the option left off. Replacement Uplander has never had brakes lock up (without the stabilitrak option). But have had major brake issues, hub replacements, anti-lock issues, tires wear out to the belts within 10,000 miles, electrical, doors, radios, could not climb a rocky montain road due with traction control on, had to disable traction control to drive up steap dirt roads, it just plain sucks and the worse vehicle I have ever owned.
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Jerry6919, have you spoken with anyone at GM about your replacement Uplander and the issues you've been having with it? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 20th, 2011, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

No I have not, been paying for repairs once it was out of warranty. It now has about 95,000 miles on it, but using local repair shops now to save costs.
Old June 15th, 2011, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Help! I have an '07 Trailblazer LS, stabilitrak lights coming on, engine loses power, and brakes lock (or at least apply on their own) Do not have time to waste checking for non-existent codes and more importantly out-of-warranty and do not have $$$ to waste. Is there any updated info on this problem. I have read that sometimes it is a sensor out in the steering column. Shouldn't there be a recall on this problem? There are only 66k miles on my vehicle.. and this problem is very dangerous. I have two kids in the car with me when this happens. any help or information would be greatly appreciated, especially from a chevy rep!
Jenny
Old June 16th, 2011, 8:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

jlowe228,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I am going to provide you with the phone number to Chevrolet Customer Assistance to help you with this issue. This way will be a lot faster than going through the forum since it could potentially be a safety risk. Here is the number to Chevrolet Customer Assistance 800-222-1020. Their hours of operation are 8AM-9PM ET Monday-Saturday. Please have your VIN ready once you speak with your agent. If you do not want to call, please give me your VIN and I will check to see if you have any recalls on your vehicle.

Thank you
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 10th, 2011, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ

Last evening while approaching a stop light the stabilitrack service message came on, followed by the service engine light. As I started to slowly accelerate to leave the intersection, the truck started to vibrate, idling roughly and the truck jerked as the transmission shifted into the higher gear. Thankfully I made it home safely and parked the truck. I started it this morning, the message is still on, the service engine light is still on and the truck idles rough.

I plan to get it to a dealership Monday AM, can anyone give me some background on this problem what the issue might be and how it can suddenly and without warning appear in normal driving conditions.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Stabilitrak malfunction