Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

dashboard display lights are out

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2011, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dashboard display lights are out

The display on the dash of my 2007 Suburban LT that shows milages and other computer readout information has gone blank. Even the display showing what gear you are in.I get a very faint read out there but I think that is coming from the lights in the odometer.I have checked fuses, but am really not sure what fuse this particular cluster is connected to. All other lights in car are fine.
The following users liked this post:
Gayl Murphy (April 12th, 2021)
Old July 8th, 2011, 6:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by sandj
The display on the dash of my 2007 Suburban LT that shows milages and other computer readout information has gone blank. Even the display showing what gear you are in.I get a very faint read out there but I think that is coming from the lights in the odometer.I have checked fuses, but am really not sure what fuse this particular cluster is connected to. All other lights in car are fine.
Probably the pcb.
Old July 8th, 2011, 6:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The I/P cluster is powered by 10A IPC fuse and 10A AUX HVAC-IGN fuse, both in the underhood fuse block. The problem is, if you do find a blown fuse, you then have to find out how it happened.
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

sandj, have you added any accessories or modified any wiring under the dash or had any work done like a aftermarket alarm? if so that may be a good place to look for any pinched, cut or nicked wires if it does turn out to be the fuses EinST pointed you to...
Old July 9th, 2011, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Ok Fella's, I've checked all the fuses under the hood..they're all fine. Is there a switch behind the four buttons on the dash that could be bad? I'm the second owner on this vehicle but I do know the stereo and dvd player are after market, my left speaker goes on and off at random times as well. Thanks for all the input, I'd love to fix this myself!
Old July 9th, 2011, 9:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uh oh, with an aftermarket stereo, I wouldn't know where to start. It's probably a rat's nest behind the head unit.
Old July 10th, 2011, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your help guys. I just found the October '10 thread about this and will remove the cluster and send it to that guy in Ok. Sorry I didn't see that discussion before! It was extremely helpful. Wish me luck!
Old October 8th, 2012, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem with my 2007 Suburban. Everything works fine but there are no lights on the dashboard. I can't even see the mileage and the gear indicator light is out. I tried to find the thread you mentioned in October of 2010 but I am not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Gayl Murphy (April 12th, 2021)
Old October 8th, 2012, 5:00 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you check the fuses? Tried reseating the IP cluster connectors?
I suspect the thread mention is this one ---> https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...cluster-36889/
Old October 9th, 2012, 2:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by john.morris
I am having the same problem with my 2007 Suburban. Everything works fine but there are no lights on the dashboard. I can't even see the mileage and the gear indicator light is out. I tried to find the thread you mentioned in October of 2010 but I am not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> john.morris,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Suburban vehicle. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue?

The IP may need to be replaced and/or reprogrammed. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an official diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: dashboard display lights are out