Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

no onstar no bluetooth and no xm

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2011, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no onstar no bluetooth and no xm

just bought 2010 chevy impala have looked at these cars for a few months now and decided to buy one, bought it used from a non chevy dealer. acura only 34,000 mi. did not need to buy anything my current car which i kept is just fine, just outdated i wanted some of the modern conveinences like bluetooth and xm radio did not have to have onstar but i am learning that my car was a fleet car and thats ok it was well taken care of but appearantly if built to be fleet car they do not install the onstar hardware which is required to use the other features dont know what to do it is not what i wanted

any suggestions would be appreaciated

thank you
Old September 9th, 2011, 2:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by y2kpa2
just bought 2010 chevy impala have looked at these cars for a few months now and decided to buy one, bought it used from a non chevy dealer. acura only 34,000 mi. did not need to buy anything my current car which i kept is just fine, just outdated i wanted some of the modern conveinences like bluetooth and xm radio did not have to have onstar but i am learning that my car was a fleet car and thats ok it was well taken care of but appearantly if built to be fleet car they do not install the onstar hardware which is required to use the other features dont know what to do it is not what i wanted

any suggestions would be appreaciated

thank you
Well, not really clear. onstar, XM are pay services. In xm if you want you should be able (if it is in the hardware radio) to find the xm radio number, and start a subscription.
Old September 9th, 2011, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

If you do not have onstar then you won't have bluetooth even if the button is there.
You can go to Best Buy and purchase Onstar and have the bluetooth capability. GM started that a few months ago. It is about 350 installed. Kevin was right, xm is xm and radio should have the id code so that you can activate it.
Old September 9th, 2011, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

i cannot tune to channel 0 for radio id i have followed directions to do so it only has am fm channels if you press the (CAT) button it says XM FEATURE but if you turn the smaller dial it tunes am or fm
Old September 9th, 2011, 3:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by y2kpa2
i cannot tune to channel 0 for radio id i have followed directions to do so it only has am fm channels if you press the (CAT) button it says XM FEATURE but if you turn the smaller dial it tunes am or fm
Ok, you push CAT button, does it say not available?
Old September 9th, 2011, 4:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If ordered on fleet, the OnStar delete and XM delete features go together. Those two components share the stubby antenna on the roof and thus there's no reason they'd leave the XM-capable radio in when the antenna gets deleted. It sounds like a serious case of buyer's remorse. Some states have laws that allow the buyer to get out the deal within a few days of the sale.
Old September 9th, 2011, 9:52 PM
CF Beginner

the radio is the correct one for xm and the steering wheel controls are correct for bluetooth but i also noticed there should be a microphone above rear view mirror, mine does not have that????
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The steering wheel-mounted audio controls are just that. The Bluetooth-looking controls and markings don't mean anything since they all look the same, with or without Bluetooth. As for your statement "the radio is the correct one for xm," I guess I'll take your word for it. Good luck.
Old October 8th, 2011, 2:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @y2kpa2, if you would like to provide me with your VIN, I would be happy to research your build history of your vehicle. By me doing this, it could possibly tell us when you don't have bluetooth, XM radio and no OnStar.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
CF Beginner

to Michell @GM , can you post your email so I can send you my VIN? I have the same XM problem in my 2010 Impala. My on-star is activated, but I cannot find a solution to my XM "Feature" problem.

Quick Reply: no onstar no bluetooth and no xm