Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Driveworks oil filter warning

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2011, 2:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveworks oil filter warning

I tried a new driveworks oil filter from advance auto two weeks ago. Yesterday, the filter came apart and of course oil started leaking from my truck. I am glad it was at my home and not out on the highway. I will never again try to save a few dollars with one of these filters again. When I removed the filter you could see where then seam around the top of the filter canister was just spreading apart. I have been changing my own oil for over twenty years and usually use fram or wix filters and should have just stayed with these. Lesson definitely learned and glad it was not worse.
Old September 25th, 2011, 2:17 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Dee74
I tried a new driveworks oil filter from advance auto two weeks ago. Yesterday, the filter came apart and of course oil started leaking from my truck. I am glad it was at my home and not out on the highway. I will never again try to save a few dollars with one of these filters again. When I removed the filter you could see where then seam around the top of the filter canister was just spreading apart. I have been changing my own oil for over twenty years and usually use fram or wix filters and should have just stayed with these. Lesson definitely learned and glad it was not worse.
There are somethings you do not try to scrimp on, ANY filter is one of them