Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

ABS light and brake light problem

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2011, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light and brake light problem

My 05 ABS light and brake light have been on for quit some time now. I took it to a brake place and had it tested and none of the machines would connect and they told me it would be a malfunction in my electronic brake control module (EBCM). I found one for a good price and already replaced it but the lights are still there. All speed sensors are in good working order, just replaced last year, any other suggestions out there so I am not throwing down money left and right. I really do not want to take it to a dealer because it will be about a $1000 probably. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Eric McKinney
Old October 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ABS warning indicator is there to tell you something. Frankly I don't trust your "brake place" (Midas or Meineke?) to have the correct scan tool and I can't believe you threw another EBCM on it on their word. By "good price," I assume it came from a junkyard? Consider taking it to the service department, any GM dealership. It's not going to cost $1000 just to get the trouble code(s) read.