Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

2007 Chevrolet cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2011, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevrolet cruise control not working

I have a 2007 SilveradoLTZ, 4WD, 5.3L. Over the past few months my cruise control has worked and not worked for no apparent reason. Some days I would get in it to go to work and the cruise would work normally and if I had to hit the brakes for any reason it may or may not come back on at all. Now we're to the point where it doesn't work at all anymore. The on/off switch still lights up and I have checked all the fuses. Checked brake pedal and switch. I have no idea where else to begin.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 8th, 2011, 5:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The stop lamp switch actually has two different circuits. The next time it the cruise control fails to engage, try pulling up on the brake pedal with your foot. If that makes it work, you'll want to take a second look at the stop lamp switch.
Old July 12th, 2021, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 Cruise and stop lights not working

I have a 07 2500HD Classic, the cruise control and brake lights (on the tail lights) not working. Changed the brake light switch and this was not the problem. I have brake lights on the cab light and trailer brake lights. It keeps blowing the Vehicle Stop 15amp fuse. I can change the fuse while the truck is running and the cruise will work, as soon as i turn the engine off the fuse is blown and brake lights ( on the tail lights) and cruise no longer work. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Old July 12th, 2021, 6:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnR1002
I have a 07 2500HD Classic, the cruise control and brake lights (on the tail lights) not working. Changed the brake light switch and this was not the problem. I have brake lights on the cab light and trailer brake lights. It keeps blowing the Vehicle Stop 15amp fuse. I can change the fuse while the truck is running and the cruise will work, as soon as i turn the engine off the fuse is blown and brake lights ( on the tail lights) and cruise no longer work. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Possible turn signal switch
Old July 12th, 2021, 10:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Might try squirting a very tiny amount of contact cleaner in the switch, but cover your painted indicators with tape of some kind, as it might harm them if the contact cleaner gets on them. Keep toggling the switch while you apply the C-C. Let it dry out, it won't take long.