Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 tahoe remote start issues

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 10:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe remote start issues

hi. sorry to add yet another issue on remote start on here, but i was wondering if anyone knew why that when i press the lock then start on the remote the power lift gate opens instead of starting?
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It can either be a defective key fob or RCDLR on the vehicle. Do the other buttons on the key fob do what they are supposed to do? If you have another working key fob, try it.
Old January 17th, 2012, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

yes all buttons works like they are supposed to and i dont have another key fob i just bought the tahoe 3 days ago
Old January 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

They didn't give you the second fob?

Might try the programming using the DIC and the instructions in the Owner's Manual.
Old January 18th, 2012, 4:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bmyrdahl,

73shark offers a great suggestion regarding re-programming the fob. Here is the process:

To access this display, the vehicle must be in PARK (P). This display allows you to match remote keyless entry transmitters to your vehicle. To match a remote keyless entry transmitter to your vehicle, do the following:

1. Press the trip odometer reset stem until RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.

2. Press and hold the trip odometer reset stem for three seconds. The message REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE will display.

3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter at the same time for approximately 15 seconds. A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.

4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of eight transmitters matched to it.

5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.

For your reference, this information is also available in the owner's manual on pages 251 and 252. A digital copy (page 262) of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...olet-Tahoe.pdf

I hope this resolves your problem.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 19th, 2012, 8:11 PM
CF Beginner

still no fix ive tried reprogramming the remote about 3 times now. still same issue all buttons on the remote work like they are supposed to except the remote start all it does is open the back hatch.
Old January 19th, 2012, 9:15 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Apparently you only have one remote. Might try opening the case and checking for anything that might cause the start button to actuate the hatch circuit.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation got your answer

[quote=bmyrdahl;203684]still no fix Ive tried reprogramming the remote about 3 times now. still same issue all buttons on the remote work like they are supposed to except the remote start all it does is open the back hatch.[/quote]

I have a 2007 LT3 and purchased it Certified Used and bought the GMPP MG from the dealer at the time of purchase. I went to dealer and said "He I am having problems with my remote start" PERIOD. don't say anything more.
There is a TSB on the Remote start receiver due to faults in Range ETC.
I only got one key FOB when I bought my Tahoe from the dealer. I purchased a second Used FOB on-line off ebay for 15.00.
I gave those 2 beat up remotes to the dealer service dept with my 2 crappy copy keys and the next day I had a totally updated NEW receiver for the Remote key less entry, 2 brand new 150.00 a piece key Fobs and 2 Brand New Chevy Keys coded to my vehicle. All you have to do is ask and mention TS-B's, technical Service Bulletins. One of my wires broke right off the rear window defogger and they gave me an entirely new glass instead of a sotter fix. Man did I make out on that trip! I just recently went and mentioned that I was going through more than 1 quart per 2000 miles of engine oil and again TSB engine oil consumption excessive - so I now have a new Drivers side valve cover "rocker cover" engine oil pan dropped and new deflector on the oil sprayer, engine oil pan replaced Mobile one oil change and they removed the spark plugs added a cleaner and let sit for 2.5 hours to remove carbon deposits. Tell them you run Mobile one and you will get Mobile one oil change during this TSB. I have made out like a bandit the last few visits to the dealer. hope this helps all of you.
Old January 27th, 2012, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

thanks for everyones help so far i had ordered a new key fob to see if it was mine that was the issue. the new fob does the same hit lock and then start... the back still opens up any one know the wire diagram for the system to check for a crossed wire?
Old September 2nd, 2017, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

hey I had the same issue as you. my remote start opened the rear access glass. I am a gm tech so I can program cars here where I work. buying a new remote will NOT fix your problem (unless the transmitter was internally shorted), you need to reprogram the remote control door lock receiver to the newest software, relearn the tire pressure type and tire loads, then relearn the tire pressure system. then it will work. I am glad I got it fixed. I looked everywhere for this problem and never found an answer. so for those of you looking with the same problem, this is what you must do to fix it.

Quick Reply: 07 tahoe remote start issues