Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ outside mirror problem

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LTZ outside mirror problem

I replaced the right outside mirror on my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with a new factory OEM mirror about 6 months ago. It functioned perfectly until recently when the mirror did not move down correctly when the truck is put in Reverse. When I put the truck in reverse the mirror moves completely down and to the right. When I put the truck in Drive the mirror does not return to the preset position (it stays down). The mirror has no problem moving with full motion when I adjust it manually. The mirror is heated with a turn signal, puddle light and is power folding.
The drivers side mirror operates correctly every time.

Any ideas how I can fix it?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure but it might require dealer programming.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm. I forgot about this feature. I tried it and never liked how chevy had it operate. But it sounds like a firmware issue. Why did you have to replace it?
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mirror Issue

Thank you for your response. I was afraid it might be a software/programming issue but it makes sense. Today I reset everything to factory default settings. Maybe that will fix things. If not, I'm calling the dealer. I have a narrow driveway so I need the tilting mirrors to make it easier to back in.
I replaced the mirror because my wife whacked the side of the garage with it and made a mess of it. The most difficult part of replacing the mirror was removing the door panel without damaging it. I found a very good video showing how to replace it.

Thanks for your help!
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by TimmyD
I replaced the right outside mirror on my 2007 Tahoe LTZ with a new factory OEM mirror about 6 months ago. It functioned perfectly until recently when the mirror did not move down correctly when the truck is put in Reverse. When I put the truck in reverse the mirror moves completely down and to the right. When I put the truck in Drive the mirror does not return to the preset position (it stays down). The mirror has no problem moving with full motion when I adjust it manually. The mirror is heated with a turn signal, puddle light and is power folding.
The drivers side mirror operates correctly every time.

Any ideas how I can fix it?
I just replaced my side mirror and am having the same issue. I did a factory reset and got the same issue. Was it a programming issue? I'm interested to know before I give the dealer $150. thanks!
Old September 6th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You might try reprogramming the tilt down in Reverse feature.
Old September 7th, 2013, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

You might try reprogramming the tilt down in Reverse feature.
Thank you for replying. I tried that before doing a factory restore. Still having the same issue. My next thing would be to open the door panel again and reconnect to see if that would solve the problem. I was just trying to avoid doing that and going to the dealer for a re-program.
Old September 10th, 2013, 2:25 PM
CF Beginner

Completely at a loss now. Just came from the dealer and they can't figure it out either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated at this point. I'm going to try unplugging the mirror and plugging it back in again to see if that will work.
Old September 10th, 2013, 2:59 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Could also try disconnecting the battery for several minutes if you have not already...
Old September 24th, 2013, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

When I reset everything to factory defaults, it acted up a few times but I have not had any problems with it in several months.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LTZ outside mirror problem