Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014: what do you love/hate

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2014, 9:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014: what do you love/hate

I've test driven an LT and LTZ but the latter had 20s on and I would choose 19s. Coming from a 95 SS this sure is a big change if i decide to do it. Just wondering your general love and hate for things. I already know backing up will take a lot of getting used to with that small window. I back into my garage and every parking space. Also that front spoiler may not even clear my driveway curb. Have to bring her home to actually try it. But the vented seats and heated steering wheel, as well as remotelink start, have me sold on the ltz. Just wish there was an option for no sunroof with the v6.
Old February 12th, 2014, 9:35 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luckydriver
I've test driven an LT and LTZ but the latter had 20s on and I would choose 19s. Coming from a 95 SS this sure is a big change if i decide to do it. Just wondering your general love and hate for things. I already know backing up will take a lot of getting used to with that small window. I back into my garage and every parking space. Also that front spoiler may not even clear my driveway curb. Have to bring her home to actually try it. But the vented seats and heated steering wheel, as well as remotelink start, have me sold on the ltz. Just wish there was an option for no sunroof with the v6.
Did either car have the backup camera and rear sensors for distance?

I like the 20s, although I didn't test drive with the 19s to compare. I don't have adaptive cruise control. Don't need that in bumper to bumper city traffic.

What's wrong with the sunroof? It does have a powered closing shade. (I guess the add on option cost could be concerning).

Have you excluded the SS? 43k starts without sunroof. It is pricier for sure, and I don't think it has triple sealed doors.
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:01 AM
CF Junior Member

oh it had all the options but i'd never solely rely on a camera/sensors. however, i think you almost have to with this car. cant see out side rear if you needed to. thankfully i back into spots. if i had to back out this would drive me crazy.

i have never wanted a sunroof so it's a total waste of 1000 and you must have it with v6. cant do the SS because too expensive and i need the mileage. CR said they actually got 34 highway and I'd be happy with 30 as i drive 700 highway miles a week.

I know i wont be able to toss around FWD as well as my SS and probably not be able to snap my neck, but i'm willing to live with the 'shortcomings' because it seems like it would be a big improvement with the interior and features to upgrade now. though i'd miss the growl of the exhaust for sure. could barely hear the engine even when i merged into traffic. sigh.

Forgot to mention snow handling would be nice as i cannot take the SS out in the snow. just doesnt play very well. so FWD will defintely help there i hope so i can drive it more in winter

Last edited by luckydriver; February 12th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old February 12th, 2014, 7:37 PM
CF Veteran

oh it had all the options but i'd never solely rely on a camera/sensors. however, i think you almost have to with this car. cant see out side rear if you needed to. thankfully i back into spots. if i had to back out this would drive me crazy.

i have never wanted a sunroof so it's a total waste of 1000 and you must have it with v6. cant do the SS because too expensive and i need the mileage. CR said they actually got 34 highway and I'd be happy with 30 as i drive 700 highway miles a week.

I know i wont be able to toss around FWD as well as my SS and probably not be able to snap my neck, but i'm willing to live with the 'shortcomings' because it seems like it would be a big improvement with the interior and features to upgrade now. though i'd miss the growl of the exhaust for sure. could barely hear the engine even when i merged into traffic. sigh.

Forgot to mention snow handling would be nice as i cannot take the SS out in the snow. just doesnt play very well. so FWD will defintely help there i hope so i can drive it more in winter
Umm, this is a V6 without a sunroof Not sure if it is 18 or 19s. Those aren't 20s (but the rim look the same)

I have another post here about winter performance. I suspect the 18/19 would be better than the 20s. I'm personally nervous in the snow. This isn't like my little cavalier that you could throw around...

I haven't really tested it though.. I am too afraid to take it out in the snow.

Here's another 2lt in NJ.. v6 no sunroof. 18" wheels. Maybe you meant V6 LTZ without sunroof?

**the video where the guy claims ventilated and heated seats is incorrect. Those are buttons for both heated options. the left does the beat heat and no butt heat..and the right button does back and butt.

Last edited by sledge.impy; February 12th, 2014 at 7:56 PM.
Old February 12th, 2014, 7:51 PM
CF Veteran

This may or may not be a "problem".

2013 3.6L with 1,300 miles valve coking - Chevy Impala Forums

I did some more research. There's a motor trend article claiming gm engineers have fixed it and it's not an issue, etc, etc.

Note, that's 13,000, not 1,300.. that is corrected some where else in the post.

There are also videos of people on the internet using seafoam and bg cleaning products to clean the valves.. *gulp*
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:27 AM
CF Veteran

Found this: Impala snow test.

Looks like a v6 2lt on 18's?

Old February 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
CF Junior Member

i will watch the videos after i snowblow lol. yes i meant ltz v6 must have sunroof and i dont like that. i'm tempted to drive to the dealer to see if they will let me take it out in this blizzard here in PA

edit: OK watched it, i'm sold. when can you deliver it. they said it has firestones, id never choose them but if they are good thats great. i prefer continentals.

Last edited by luckydriver; February 13th, 2014 at 3:01 PM.
Old February 17th, 2014, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default Love the looks & how quiet it is, but...

Ive got an LT,with a V6, crystal red tin coat I still love how it looks. I hate how small the glovebox is, can hardly get the manual in it, let alone any maps. Also am not pleased with the how to get to my radio presets by "swiping" across screen. Why not just have a button to go to the next page of presets like every other radio? Also, radio does not have scan feature, I miss that bad.
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:23 PM
CF Veteran

i will watch the videos after i snowblow lol. yes i meant ltz v6 must have sunroof and i dont like that. i'm tempted to drive to the dealer to see if they will let me take it out in this blizzard here in PA

edit: OK watched it, i'm sold. when can you deliver it. they said it has firestones, id never choose them but if they are good thats great. i prefer continentals.
firestones are on the 18".
goodyear rsa on the 19" (which my 2002 j-body had)
bridgestone pontenzas on 20"
Old February 17th, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Junior Member

goodyear rsa on the 19" (which my 2002 j-body had)
These are the RS-A2, not the same as the old RS-A, completely redesigned tire. Much improved, the old RS-A was not the greatest tire.

Quick Reply: 2014: what do you love/hate