Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Power Locks acting up

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2007, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locks acting up

2005 Uplander LS withabout 70k. The power door locks continue to unlock while driving at random. Even parked. It seems to be related to vibration but I can't be sure. The lockswill lock automatically on acceleration from a stop or with the dor switches, but then typically the drivers door will unlock followed by the rest as though the remote is being used. The battery was removed the the keyless remote and there isn't even one near it. I unplugged both front door lock switches but the problem persists. Ideas? I also noticed today the radio sounds would not come on although the display showed it was on and working.
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: Power Locks acting up

May be a problem with the Body Control Module ( BCM ).
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

I'll talk to a dealer today. I did notice the locks seemed to cycle when the drivers door was swung open about half way. I tried to maneuver the cable around coming out of the door to the body in the event something is shorting. It seemed to resolve it, but I haven't driven it since. Thanks for the tip on the BCM.
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

Got the problem figured out. There were some worn wires under the carpet by the drivers heel area grounding or shorting. I have to wonder how many other problems are caused by these shorts taking out some of the electronics.To recap,I had issues with the radio turned on but no sound, but mostly the locks cycling as if the button on the remote was being pushed. I noticed the problem seemed to apepar with vibration or opening and closing the drivers door. Everything is fine now.
Old June 25th, 2017, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2005 chevy uplander, i recently replaced the door switch in the drivers side thinking it may be the issue. but when using the fob to unlock all doors, it works only intermitt. fob always seems to unlock drivers door, and u can hear the relay trying to unlock the other doors and lift gate, but the locks do not actually unlock. so i have to go around and manually unlock them, but there is no manual unlock for the lift gate. If i put vehicle into drive, it locks all doors, when I park it unlocks all. I do not know what this could be!! I need it to work, im out of ideas and do not want to spend thousands of dollars having a mechanic test every wire. Could it be the control module? There appears to be other issues as well with the heating and cooling fans that i noticed, where vents open up that shouldnt when its on certain settings, like in winter, the fans in the rear should open on the floor but they blow out the top, that sort of thing. then some days they work fine.