Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Difference Between LS and LT Series?

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2007, 3:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference Between LS and LT Series?

So what is the difference between the two?
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Difference Between LS and LT Series?

Mostly standards and option available. Hope this helps. http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/features/
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:35 PM
CF Active Member

I wouldn't waste your time with the LS. It's a very stripped down version of the Tahoe. Start high with the LTZ and if it's out of your budget then consider the LT2 or LT3 with the exact options you want.
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Review that difference in the models using the link above that rat55chevy provided.

Select the Tahoe with just the options that you would like and are willing to pay for, for tens of thousands this year so far it has been the LS model.
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:41 PM
CF Active Member

I didn't mean to bad mouth the LS, but personally there are many other vehicles out there (yet smaller than the Tahoe) that you can get completely loaded for $36-$38K. A Chrysler Aspen is one of those that I test drove before purchasing an '07 Tahoe. However, if you are going to make tons of modifications to the Tahoe immediately after your purchase, then an LS is probably the way to go. Save money up front and make the mods yourself. Good luck!
Old April 16th, 2007, 3:49 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd rather have an old 1995 Tahoe LS 2WD up on blocks in my front yard then a shiny new Chrysler anything.[:-]
Old April 16th, 2007, 7:05 PM
CF Active Member

We have an LS... Yeah, you are gonna spend a few coins to get it where you want it, but I think we save tons...

Matching color handles/mirrors $200 or less [sold the old ones for .01]
OE 20s $1500 [sold the old ones for $400]
Leather at the dealer3/rows $1400 [wife had to have have it - her truck]
Full console $120 [sold the junp seat for $145]

working on a homelink project right now.... We are thrilled w/ the LS. We joke & call it an LSZ...
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Bought an LS. Dealer installed leather (well probably mostly pleather) and sunroof. My price $31,000. Not too bad since, even at base, itis nicely equipped with options a typical driver will use often. I did get the 5.3L flex fuel engine, which I thought would be a good upgrade on the LS. I haveinstalled a few"personal options" to give it my look. - MagnaflowSSmuffler and SStip ($210), Westin Nerf bars ($280), and K&N drop in filter ($40). I think the vehicle is as functional as an LT 1 or 2 for a few thousand less. Remember when you are paying cash for it those few thousands do make a difference. While navigation and dvd are fine, how often will a person be using these options on their daily commute. No kids means no need for dvd andno need for what appears to be a not very functional 3rd row seat. In the end, pay for the things you will use and do not waste money on options that may not give you a return on your "investment"
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:25 PM
CF Junior Member

BS... mine came with all I need it 5.3 engine, power everything etc...and nothing I didn't (suspention,4x4 etc)

I did some mods and mine looks better than any tahoe you can get from the dealer.... escalade rack, GM chrome door handles, custom 100% leather int (not just the seaing areas), 26" wheels, wood dash.

I got mine for $31000.00 OTD..... look at this thread and tell me what you think

https://chevroletforum.com/m_29314/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: jmitchell

I wouldn't waste your time with the LS. It's a very stripped down version of the Tahoe. Start high with the LTZ and if it's out of your budget then consider the LT2 or LT3 with the exact options you want.
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:38 PM
CF Junior Member

chevere
your truck looks great.... how is the performance with the after market wheels?

Quick Reply: Difference Between LS and LT Series?