Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wierd problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2007, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wierd problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe

I've got a very wierd problem that has now happend twice with my 07 Tahoe.

For no apparent reason, while driving and using the turn signal, no sound comes on while it is blinking. I stopped the Tahoe to make sure that the actual external lights were blinking, and indeed they were, and also, the green arrow on the console was blinking too, however, there is no blinking sound emitted. So, after stopping the truck, and going into a store, 15 minutes later ... everything was fine again. I got the blinking sound when turning on the signal indicators. Now, yesterday, this happened again, and to top it off, my nav radio shut it self off too (I could not turn it back on when pushing power,etc). I was going to the grocery store at the time. When getting out of the store, my blinkers work fine again, and so does the radio. This is so wierd.

Any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
Clifton Ellis (January 12th, 2021)
Old May 29th, 2007, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wierd problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe

My wife's 2007 Tahoe has the exact same problem. The dealer cannot recreate the problem, so I look forward to what comes out of these posts.
Old May 29th, 2007, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Misery does indeed love company!

I don't want to take it to the dealer until I have the problem again, and it may not even be convenient to take it at that moment to begin with. Thank goodness the problem fixes itself after restarting, provided there is enough lag time between restarts. If I restart immediately (I tried this the second time it happened), it won't fix it. I know that 15 minutes seems to be enough time. Wierd!

Old May 29th, 2007, 8:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This problem is somewhat common on Tahoe's with the navigation system, the blinker and hazard sounds are generated thru the audio system and sent to the front driver door speaker.

Have the dealer check for any software calibration updates for the audio system and also the body control module and driver/passenger door modules, once installed this should eliminate the problem.

If you have a GM LockPick device installed then you're just going to have to live with it as it is a bye-product of the device and the only way to fix it is to remove the device.
Old May 29th, 2007, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

I have this problem as well. It seems to only happen when an Onstar vehicle diagnosis is sent to me. I don't know if the lockpick hasanything to do with it. I have a lockpick installed and it happened before I installed it. Next time your signals and radio shut off check to see if your Tahoe sent you an e-mail.
Old May 30th, 2007, 8:51 AM
CF Addict

I'm fairly certain that there is no correlation between your monthly Onstar Diagnostic e-mails and this issue, the e-mail is generated by Onstar not your vehicle, the information sent is a snapshot that is captured during a sync session that occurs between an active Onstar subscribed vehicle and the Onstar center several times per month.
Old May 30th, 2007, 7:56 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Weird problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe

I had the same problem today, but my Nav shut down completely. And incidentally that occurred5 min after I received a vehiclediag from on star on my blackberry. Either that is a weird coincidence or their might be something to this. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old May 30th, 2007, 8:57 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Now I havent had this issue or do I have the factory Nav but to rule out the Onstar issue, why dont you just get on the highway, give a holla to the little blue button people and tell them your "driving" and have them run a diagnostic. I had them do a running check when my digital temp was freaking out. Only did it once. It showed 999. I would think if its Onstar, it would do it. Go try it now..........
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Beginner

I wonder if this is an issue with Tahoes that did not come with factory installed nav. I installed the nav after I got my Tahoe per the instructions on this forum. (Excellent instructions by the way. It really was simple. Thanks ZX1100F1!) Thecomputer was updated a few months ago at the dealer but I wonder if the software is based onthe vin # (no nav). Maybe during the Onstar sync session there is a glitch that affects the nav in some way. Any thoughts?
Old May 31st, 2007, 9:19 AM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: romis

I wonder if this is an issue with Tahoes that did not come with factory installed nav. I installed the nav after I got my Tahoe per the instructions on this forum. (Excellent instructions by the way. It really was simple. Thanks ZX1100F1!) Thecomputer was updated a few months ago at the dealer but I wonder if the software is based onthe vin # (no nav). Maybe during the Onstar sync session there is a glitch that affects the nav in some way. Any thoughts?
This could be something, who of us (that are are having this issue) have non factory installed Navigation units?

Anybody else have this issue shortly after getting an Onstar e-mail diagnostic report?

Quick Reply: Wierd problem with turn signals and radio... 07 Tahoe