Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Open Circuit Error P0650

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2007, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Circuit Error P0650

I hooked up a system to my car this weekend and everything was working fine. I used the windshield wiper fuse as a remote. I ran the car fine yesterday and part of today until I just went to get into and the amp did not turn on . My first instinct was that the fuse blew but it was fine. I thought that the remote wire maybe was messing with it so i took it out and put the fuse back in and still nothing. Im not getting any power to the wiper fuse. I check all the other fuses in the car and under the hood and found that one labeled IP IGN under the hood was blown so i replaced it and still nothing. I then decide to just deal with it later and try to leave no sooner than i start to back up out of my driveway when i notice that i have no power steering and i get a message on my driver information center that says service air bag. I turn off the car and hook up an OBDII scan tool to it and it pulls a code that says Error P0650: Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Control Circuit. I checked a little online and all i can find is that there is an open circuit somewhere but have no idea where. I checked all the fuses again and they were all fine. Anyone have any idea what that circuit is and how to go about fixing it? If not I may end up just taking it to the dealership