Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Help - vibration from rear of my Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - vibration from rear of my Tahoe

I am hoping someone can help. I bought a 2004 tahoe a few years back and have been dealing with a vibration problem ever since. I only start to feel it at around 70 mph + , Sometime pretty bad , sometimes not. I have had it looked at several times , wheels balanced , alignment , everything ...even had it at Chevy and ofcourse they could not fix it. It feels like a wheel out of balance, that type of vibration. Anyone know what the prob could be ? Shocks, springs,driveline, etc. ? Feels like t is coming from the rear of the vehicle

thanks
Old August 27th, 2007, 9:34 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help - vibration from rear of my Tahoe

Do you have OEM wheels and stock size tires?
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:51 PM
CF Beginner

No...they are 20" wheels with eagle GTII tires.....they were on the vehicle when I bought it . Would they cause the problem? And if so , why ? I see Tahoes everywhere with larger wheels ,etc.

thanks
Old August 30th, 2007, 10:26 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes you will get a tire/wheel combo that just won't balance up properly, I would wager a bet that if you take the Tahoe in to a reputable tire shop that the tires and wheels are out of balance.

The Eagle GTII tires are not Goodyear's best effort.
Old August 30th, 2007, 9:44 PM
CF Active Member

I'm with ZX on this one. My dad had the Buick Park Avenue and he put new rims and tires on, however the car would start to vibrate around 100kmph. Took it to the chev dealership near my house and they hada very precise balance machine which showed the tires were in fact out of balance. Took the car back to KalTire and they replaced all 4 tires. Didn't do bugger all as the same problem kept occuring. Ended up the tires were too hard for the car as the car has the soft-ride suspension, and as theyclaimed this kept throwing the balance out ever so slightly. Went to a softer tire and good ever since.
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help ....... I actually am getting close to needing to replace my tires. Do you guys have any recomendations ?? I was just going to replace them with the same Goodyear Eagle GT II's , but if I am finding out that they could be the problem, I will definetily change to something else......I just don't know what a good tire would be for my Tahoe .

thanks everyone !!