Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Backup camera options

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2024, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Backup camera options

Purchased a 2013 Suburban LT this afternoon, was surprised that it didn't come from the factory with a backup camera. Thought they'd mandated that and thought it was before 2013, but I digress. I've got the regular old head unit, no navigation, easy enough to replace, but what are our options here? I drove a 2013 Yukon that had the camera display built into the rearview mirror...which kinda sucked. I'm guessing my best option is to upgrade the head unit and add a backup camera as part of that install?
Old April 26th, 2024, 7:18 PM
CF Beginner

I would upgrade the head unit to one that can take a backup camera. I'm kinda partial to Crutchfield for that kinda stuff, as they can sell you a kit that has everything you need to integrate with the factory wiring harness, the steering wheel controls, and so on. You can find all the pieces to do it cheaper on Amazon - but its easier with Crutchfield.
Old April 27th, 2024, 6:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by jfmorris
I would upgrade the head unit to one that can take a backup camera. I'm kinda partial to Crutchfield for that kinda stuff, as they can sell you a kit that has everything you need to integrate with the factory wiring harness, the steering wheel controls, and so on. You can find all the pieces to do it cheaper on Amazon - but its easier with Crutchfield.
When I was younger, it was all about cheaper....now that I'm older (arguably wiser), "easier" has taken the front seat. Time is valuable, so easy takes the lead. Thanks man!