Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2024, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dropdprpls10
The stabilitrac controls alot of thing. Could be as simple as a sensor or in my case I had the long crank to start which was the fuel pump bleeding the fuel back into the tank and it started throwing the stabilitrac code while driving.

I would say if you are having an air bag code as well. I would have someone put it on the tech2 scanner see if it comes up on there

hey bud. So your fuel issue.

im having stabilitrak issues. 2008 Tahoe. Also having issues with crank/camshaft position sensors. I’ve replaced both twice Check engine light keeps randomly coming on and throwing the code for one or both of those. A lot of times check engine light comes on with no drivable differences noticeable Then whenever the stabilitrak pops up while driving I have issues. I can’t ever recall if it’s blinking or solid. I’ll try to pay better attention in the future. But sometimes it stalls and does instantly. Sometimes it runs like crap like it’s only hitting on a couple cylinders or robbed for fuel. When it does that I hear a poping in the engine or maybe a knock. Sometimes I can shut it off and leave it for 15 minutes and it starts fine. Sometimes I have to disconnect the battery for five minutes and then it’s fine. Sometimes cheating the code and it’s fine. Code is always crank/camshaft. If I try to start it right after it dies I’ll get long crank no start Sometimes it’s long crank barely start and run like crap I’ve chased wires. Checked connections dielectric grease on stuff I’m not getting these hard shifts or anything like anyone else it almost makes it immobile I’ve had a few different places try to scan it or hook computer up and everyone only ever tells me crank/camshaft code
Old January 23rd, 2024, 4:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by austintx89
hey bud. So your fuel issue.
Bud hasn't been here in a decade.

Originally Posted by austintx89
Check engine light keeps randomly coming on and throwing the code for one or both of those.
Post your codes and vehicle info please (engine/miles), ideally in a new thread. Thanks.

Old April 19th, 2024, 1:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak

Originally Posted by bmelson
Has anyone figured out this root cause for the traction control warning coming on, causing the transmission to shift very HARD? Has anyone had the problem resolved? What was done to fix it and how much was the total repairs? the Service Traction control warning on my 2007 Avalanche has appeared twice in the last 30 days, causing the truck to shift out hard into 2nd gear. I run the truck off and back on and it shifts out fine. This also happened once last year, but didnt happen again until last month.

What did you do to fix this issue, and how much did it cost???
I know this is not going to make any sense but if you're truck has displacement on demand and you have low oil pressure or any type of misfire which is very common with these trucks any type of problem with this system with cause you're issues as I have a 07 chevy Tahoe with the exact same issue