Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

2019 Trax Air Condition Issue

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2024, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Trax Air Condition Issue

Hello!

I went to turn on my air condition yesterday and no cold air. It had worked in the past. When I turn on the cold air button and circulate button, I am getting heat when temp control is in blue range. When I turn the heat control in the red zone it is actually less hot. This is really weird. What could be going on?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old April 19th, 2024, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

most lack of cold air concerns are from low ac charge ie leak or faulty blend doors...check for hvac dtc .

turn on the ac with the engine running. check that the ac compressor clutch is engaged. If not...have the system recovered...if the recovery amount is low...you have an ac leak.

if the compressor is engaged...feel the high and low side ac lines...aluminum tubes. the low side (large tube should be cold) the high side (small tube should be hot). if they are both near the same temp...have the system recovered to see if the recovery amount it low.

if the temps are hot and cold...the problem may be with the blend or mode doors in the hvac housing.